Platina Resources Limited (ASX: PGM) – $0.092 (-1%)
20 Jan 2015
Platina Resources Limited (ASX: PGM) has completed hydrometallurgical testwork at the Owendale Scandium Project located in central New South Wales (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Location of Owendale Scandium Project
Highlights from the Owendale Scoping Study include:
- Extraction of scandium (>85%), platinum (>80%), nickel (>95%) and cobalt (>99%) from High Pressure Acid Leach
- Solvent extraction testing to commence this week
- Owendale Scoping Study on schedule for completion by the end of February 2015
- Negotiations to finalise scandium oxide offtake agreements with two Chinese scandium companies has been extended to 31 March 2015 and 31 May 2015
- Baseline environmental studies and Final Feasibility Studies are expected to commence in March 2015
The Owendale Project hosts an Indicated and Inferred Mineral Resource (JORC 2012) of 24 million tonnes of scandium grading 384ppm Sc (at a cut-off grade of 300ppm Sc) and contains a total in-situ content of 9,100 tonnes of scandium metal or 14,000 tonnes of scandium oxide.
For further information, visit www.platinaresources.com.au
Resources Stocks to Watch (RSTW) is the leader in research on ASX micro to mid-cap mining stocks and commodities. We are independent and therefore not sponsored by the mining industry so we tell it like it is. Our research is written by experienced geologists and resources analysts, the experts in the field.