Toptung Limited (ASX: TTW) – $0.029

06 Sep 2016

Toptung Limited (ASX: TTW) has received results from metallurgical testwork on tungsten from its Torrington Tungsten and Topaz Project located in northern New South Wales (Figure 1).


TTW Torrington W

Figure 1. Location of the Torrington Project (Source: company)



Two independent Australian laboratories have confirmed that the Torrington tungsten concentrate is assaying at 69% WO3 from metallurgical testwork.


The tungsten mineralisation at Torrington occurs as iron rich wolframite and ferberite. The amount of tungsten in ferberite is up to 60% with the other 40% being oxygen, iron and manganese. Pure ferberite contains 75.67% WO3 whilst the market will accept 62% WO3 however 65% WO3 is preferred. Torrington’s average of 69% WO3 from magnetic separation is a good result.


These results indicate that a pure WO3 concentrate can be produced by non chemical gravity and magnetic separation processing methods.



For further information, visit



Resources Stocks to Watch (RSTW) is the leader in research on over 600 ASX listed micro to small-cap mining stocks and commodities. We are independent and do not accept commissions. We tell it like it is. Our reports are researched by experienced geologists and resources analysts, the experts in the field.



Resources Sector Recent News Items

News Archives

News Categories